Choose your new career…
Education Services Group is a company that specializes in Education Software sales and service. The Technical Editor will work with one client within their Curriculum Development department as a resource to help with the creation, editing, and development of new software courses that are scheduled to be deployed in the market. There will be a focus on proofing and editing material, working on a consistency of products delivered, and spearheading some of the processes involved in to improve and streamline workflow. This position will work have client interface and could lead to additional opportunities based on performance.
- Edit PowerPoint files that make up the Instructor’s Guide (IG), Student Guides
- Edit Lab Guides (LG) created in MS Word
- Run the macros to create the Student guide (SG) and correct any format errors until guide is clean.
- Using Acrobat, create a Print Master of the IG and SG and save in the Production folder
- Print these files on Mimeo (production company) for kit ordering.
- Create course descriptions for Registration posting and enter that into software in an approved template for the Sales staff to reference during proposals
- Clean up and Organize the Production folder and Mimeo directories
- Reformat existing courses within Registration software to match the common course description layout
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Office
- Should know Microsoft Visual Basic
- Familiarity with one or more software Authoring Tools
- Strong Editing skills
- Strong writing skills
- Project Management
Skills that are a plus
- Graphic Design
- Instructional Design
- Detail oriented
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.